Friday 20 November 2020

Roll milling Technique

I was using the galvanized steel stencil to roll mill and I tried out different materials as you can see images below from figure 1 to figure.6.


Figure 1- Mthethwa, F., (2020). Stencil, steel.


Figure 2- Mthethwa, F., (2020). Roll milled plate, brass


Figure 2- Mthethwa, F., (2020). Roll milled plate, brass.


Figure 3- Mthethwa, F., (2020). Roll milled plate, aluminium.


When I roll milled the aluminium plate in figure 3, the roller wall was tighter so I had to repeat the roll milling and loosen the roller as you can see figure 4 below.

Figure 4- Mthethwa, F., (2020). Roll milled plate, aluminium


Figure 5- Mthethwa, F., (2020). Roll milled paper.

In figure 5, I was playing with the warm and cool colours.



Figure 6- Mthethwa, F., (2020). Roll milled cartridge paper with white pencil.

In figure 6, I was trying to play by colouring the postives and the negatives of the stencil veins.





No comments:

Post a Comment