Thursday 2 April 2020

Fabiana Gadano


Fabiana Gadano is a contemporary jewellery designer born in Argentina. Gadano recycles PET plastic (polyethylene terephthalate) from water and soda bottles. She named the collection below "nature collection."  I like work her because of the light colours of  the transparent plastic she uses to create jewellery. Looking at her plastic shapes reminds me of the rose petals that I have made, but mine were only made in silver, brass and copper. My imitated rose metal petals were forged, domed and bent in the edges with pliers to imitate the how they curl. I even want to add colour on the rose petals that I will make but I will try enameling technique first.


Gadano, F., (). Pendant, recycled PET plastic bottles and plated brass.




Gadano, F., (unkown). Brooch, recycled PET plastic bottles and patinated alpaca


No comments:

Post a Comment