Thursday 5 September 2019

Greece Floral Jewellery


Greece floral jewellery shows that the different techniques were used in making it, which is why when you look at it and their weight are not the same as it shown in figure 1 and 2 below. Both images shows  how detailed Greece floral jewellery is and it is same idea I want to use when manufacturing my own floral jewellery. The techniques that they used are filigree, high-quality metal casting and they used a very thin golden sheet when manufacturing jewellery. In ancient times expensive metal was used, which is still used today to make jewellery. Gold is the type of metal used in the manufacture of jewellery. I noticed that in Greek floral jewellery, they imitated different flowers and they did not imitate a specific flower like I do to make floral jewellery.


Greek. Wreath, 3rd century-2nd century B.C.E. Gold, 3 15/16 x 10 1/4 x 11 13/16 in. (10 x 26 x 30 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of George D. Pratt, 26.763. Creative Commons-BY (Photo: Brooklyn Museum, CUR.26.763.jpg)
Unkown, (3rd century - 2nd B. C. E.). Greek wreath, gold.

The image in figure 1, shows that a very thin plate was used to imitate flowers and leaves which is I also the same idea I use in the manufacture of my floral jewellery. It is very detailed floral jewellery. 


Castellani, (350 BC - 330 BC), Gold rosette and lpalmette necklace, gold.

The necklace in figure 2 shows that a cast jewellery can be very fine detailed and very neat. My approach to floral jewellery is to make a hand made fine detailed floral jewellery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment