Sunday 17 January 2021

Theme.

 

My theme focuses on floral jewellery. My research also includes reasons why I chose roses specifically, which I found from the writings of Bruce Metcalf, Kenneth Quickenden and Beth Bernstein. According to Quickenden, floral jewellery reflects various aspects of nature. According to Metcalf, jewellery is associated with the spiritual and the supernatural. Spiritual mediation is the function of jewellery that I chose to focus on. Bernstein inspired me to read about the meanings that other people find in roses so that I can reflect on these and use them to find my own personal meaning. I made prototypes of imitated roses in different materials and on different scales. The process of manufacturing the floral jewellery calmed me down and helped me to forget about everything else for a while. The creation of my jewellery also taught me to never lose focus, as I needed to pay close attention when manufacturing of very thin plates of metals I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment