Thursday 19 November 2020

My target

This is part of my plan that informs my decisions. I am manufacturing floral jewellery using roses as a reference. In my manufacturing process, I started by imitating rose using metal, then I went on imitating the petals and get the texture right. Currently, I am in the process of getting the veins right on the metal as you can see figure 1 below. After getting the veins right on the metal and it where I will start to manufacture floral jewellery. 

As I am manufacturing floral jewellery I noticed that it is mostly designed for women. There's no much floral jewellery for men. The other part of my plan is to manufacture floral jewellery for both men and women. Looking at the floral jewellery that I have manufactured so far, I only have one floral jewellery for men which is a tiepin. 

I always wanted to manufacture floral jewellery for both men and women but I end up manufacturing floral jewellery for women. May be mind is caged in manufacturing floral jewellery for women. I feel like men are being ignored when it comes to jewellery. Therefore, I want to make floral jewellery for both men and woman. 

Figure 1- Mthethwa, F., (2020). Petals, brass with black nail gel.




No comments:

Post a Comment