Tuesday 15 September 2020

Rose bouquet

 My older sister (Siphindile) got married 10 years ago. Her white wedding started very late at Nongoma hall because of the delays. My sister did not throw the bouquet because they were rushing for a traditional wedding which is called uMabo. On that day it was getting late, we had to go back to Empangeni. Siphindile's bouquet was of white roses. The elders say white flowers symbolize the purity and virginity of the bride.

I took the bouquet home because she did not throw it. At home, I peeled off the rose petals that were starting to be brown. While peeling the rose petals, I was singing showing that I enjoyed what I was doing. When the bouquet of white roses was all white, I put it on the vase and decorate the dining table with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment