Tuesday 1 September 2020

Flowers from Sithembele.

I have an older sister who is married with two kids. Whenever schools are closed for holidays she takes the kids home to spend their holidays with their grandmother which is my mom. One of her kids (Sithembele Mncwango) likes playing outside the house. When he's back from playing he comes with flowers. Sithembele will say "here are your flowers" with a smile on his chubby face. It is not a thing that he does every day. I felt happy when I received those flowers. I was amazed and happy at the same time my heart had that happy feeling. My mood brightened up. I took the flowers and put them in the vase. The elders usually say when a kid gives a flower or flowers, it symbolizes luck. It is a superstition that some of the people in the black community believe in.


No comments:

Post a Comment