Tuesday 14 July 2020

Prototype


I made the prototype below on figure 1 using sterling silver and  it weighs 12.4 grams. When working in platinum, I was thinking of decreasing the size of the petals so that the metal wight will also decrease. I will also decrease the size of the tie slide on figure 3 below. I do not want this tie pin  to be heavy for a tie, therefore using less metal will make the petal to be light in weight.


Figure 1- Mthethwa, F., (2020), Tie pin, sterling silver.


As I was going to make tie clip, I was thinking that it will take too much time.  So I decided to make a tie slide as you can see below figure 2 and 3.

Figure 2
Measurements of the tie slide.

Figure 3

The tie slide is made of sterling silver and it needs to be a bit tighter so that it will hold the tie and not fall off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment