Monday 22 July 2019

Rose brooch

Symbolize love at first sight on a first date.
It can be also be given in years to say, "I still love you."

Figure 1- Mthethwa, F., (2019). Rose brooch, sterling silver.

I imitated a multi-layered flower which is a rose with a bud and leaves using sterling silver metal. The rose brooch have the stem and it tapers at the bottom, from 2 mm wire down to 0.9 mm wire and bend it into a pin. I wanted to make a simple hand made floral brooch. I want the viewer to look at the details of the flower rose how it curls and how the leaves are attached to the stem. This helped me to improve in my soldering skills because it was quite tricky to solder the imitated rose head with the 2 mm wire without melting the thinnest plates (0.1 mm) of the imitated rose. Next time I will drill the thicker wire so that so that I can insert the small wire in and the solder will run easily when soldering.



No comments:

Post a Comment