Tuesday 4 June 2019

Platinum prototype.


My work is inspired by sculptural painting. The sculptural painting is done by Mitricheva Iryna. I like how she makes 3-dimensional roses using sculptural painting. Looking at her work made me wants to imitates roses in a 3-dimensional form using thin plate of metal to make floral jewellery. 


Iryna, M., (unknown), Sculptural painting.

The process of the pendant.

Figure 1- Mthethwa, F., (2019), Pendant, sterling silver.

In figure 1, I pierced sterling silver plate also the leaf shapes right round the flat plate. The imitated rose were soldered in seperate, I drilled holes on the big plate to insert wire of the imitated roses and after that I soldered all the roses on the plate.


Figure 2- Mthethwa, F., (2019), Pendant, sterling silver.

In figure 2, I made jump rings and cut them in half and solder them around the plate.

Figure 3- Mthethwa, F., (2019), Pendant, sterling silver.

In figure 3, I soldered the jump rings on top and to make a pattern of leaf shapes. I was also trying to balance the positive and the negative.


Figure 4- Mthethwa, F., (2019), Pendant, platinum and blackened sterling silver .

Figure 4 shows the manufactured final platinum piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment